Original House


Enlarge image

1950's Lounge Chairs from RMS Windsor Castle

The Windsor Castle was the largest passenger/cargo mail ship operated by the 'Union - Castle Line' on its 'Cape Mail' service to South African ports.

Built in 1959, the new vessel was notable for the high standard, if conservative, design of her public rooms in a "traditional" first class and "contemporary" tourist class configuration - these chairs came from the tourist lounge 

Originally covered in leather - these have been re-upholstered in plain linen really as an underlay for a new fabric.

 

The wood work has been sanded and varnished and they are structurally excellent.

 

81 cm h ( 45 h to seat ) x 55 w x 52 d

 
 
 

£ 295.00

Code : 432

Sold





+ 44 (0) 7909 581411   info@original-house.co.uk